Okay, so it's not exactly Howard County news, but it really affects us all when these people go out to protest.
I came across this story on Eye On Annapolis, a local blog that's linked off of the Baltimore Sun's website.
Apparantly the Westboro crowd is targeting Meade High because it has a higher-than-average gay student population. I don't think there is a sane person out there, no matter what their beliefs are, that can agree with these knuckleheads and what they stand for.
As a man of faith I am beyond offended (more like livid) that this kind of hate, supposedly "in the name of God", exists and is protected by the constitution. I'm sure that's the reaction they want, so I will resist the urge to go out of my way to commit vehicular manslaughter tomorrow morning. Here's a brief snippet:
The Anne Arundel County Police Department announces the planned road closure of Disney Road, between Route 175 and Citadel Drive in Severn, for the morning rush hour of April 14, 2011. The Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church has expressed their intention to demonstrate at the intersection of Route 175 and Disney Road that morning.
Anyway, follow this link for the story:
Westboro Baptist Church To Target Meade High School | Eye On Annapolis
And this link for the update:
UPDATE: Westboro Baptist Church Protest | Eye On Annapolis
hocoblogs@@@
ANGRY
ReplyDelete