I have hundreds of albums from hundreds of artists taking up hundreds of gigs on my computer. 97% of it is legally acquired, mind you. I can go many months without feeling the need for new music, but lately I was starting to get tired of the same-old stuff. It was time for something new.
I also was interested in Amazon.com's new Cloud Player service. Essentially, any MP3 purchases you make from their site are stored on their servers, free of charge. You can then download them to your home/work/school computer and add them to your iTunes library, again free of charge. You get 5GB of storage for free with the ability to upload your existing MP3's to the Cloud Player, and for a monthly fee you can increase that storage space up to 1000GB.
So I wanted new music and was interested in this new service, may as well kill two birds with one stone, right?
First off, one of my favorite bands released their new and possibly best-ever album yesterday.
So did a group that I heard of after hearing one of their songs play on an episode of Chuck.
Side note: Lot's of good music on Chuck. I found a website that lists who plays what and when during each episode. If you are a fan of Chuck and music, this link should be helpful.
I also played catch-up and ordered the second album entitled "Family" from local rockers Le Loup. It's awesome by the way.
Finally, I dug deep into the coffers to come up with an additional Six Dollars (American) for the debut album for The Naked and Famous (New Zealand). I like it so far.
This should easily hold me for a couple of months. Plus, in another 3 weeks we get the sophomore full length "Helplessness Blues" from Fleet Foxes.





No comments:
Post a Comment