I was thinking about all of the places I have lived in my lifetime and realized that there is 1 common factor among them all: Route 1. Not one single place I've lived has ever been more than 1 mile away (as the crow flies) from Route 1.
In the above image, edited via Google Maps, I have placed a push pin in the map for every house I lived in from my childhood on up to today. The red line you see is a highlighted portion of Route 1 that ends at the roads that connect the the Southern and Northernmost neighborhoods that I've called home.
My first house, the blue pin at the bottom, was 4 blocks from Route 1 just across the street from the Best Buy in Laurel.
In 1997, we moved to Howard County but stayed in Laurel. My first place was also in Hoco Laurel literally through the woods from my Dads house. These locations are marked with the red and green pins.
The teal pin shows my only departure from HocCo since first moving here. I was in Baltimore County for about 15 months, just outside of the UMBC campus.
From there I moved to Columbia for a brief spell, the yellow pin, before finally settling with my current home, purple pin, in Elkridge.
I'm probably a solid 2-5 years from being able to move again thanks to the abysmal housing market, but when I do it would be nice to finally leave Route 1 behind and settle in some greener pastures.
No comments:
Post a Comment