A blog about: My Life. Howard County MD. Movies. Music. Games. Technology. Beer.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I am a Redskins fan


I've noticed most people in the area prefer the other local football team, and that's totally fine. But if you are a fellow HoCo Redskins fan, I am here to tell you that there is no shame in it! Speak up, let your voice be heard!

With that said, I was shocked to read this morning that punt return specialist Brandon Banks (one of the few bright spots in another disappointing season) was more seriously injured over the weekend than previously reported.

This article in the Washington Post mentions that:

Banks remains hospitalized with a knife wound that was significant enough for doctors to insert a tube into his chest, his agent, James Gould, said Tuesday. Redskins head athletic trainer Larry Hess reported through team spokesman Tony Wyllie that the chest tube was inserted to prevent Banks's left lung from collapsing.

Despite all this, he is still expected to make a 100% recovery, as is his friend. That's good because I plan to keep cheering for #16 in 2011, assuming the NFL actually has a season this year.

Other Redskins highlights:

- Albert Haynesworth allegedly groped someone?
- Albert Haynesworth due in court for allegedly assaulting someone in a road rage indecent.

Yikes. Okay, wash those down with this:

- A nice story about a pair of Redskins fans from Dan Steinberg's excellent D.C. Sports Bog.

1 comment: