Friday, February 18, 2011
Can we call it Throat Punch II?
When the movie Taken came out a few years ago, my brother affectionately referred to it as Throat Punch: The Movie. I don't know exactly when Liam Neeson became an action hero, but I guess it started with his portrayal of Qui-Gon Jin in the first Star Wars prequel. Since then he has kicked a lot of international butt as Bryan Punch-you-in-the-throat Mills and Col. John "Hannibal" Loves-it-when-a-plan-comes-together Smith, and even tried to foil the caped crusader as Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins.
Anyway, his new movie is out today. It's called Unknown, and it looks like another take on Taken (that was fun to type). Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 53% rating on their tomatometer. Normally a low score is a good indicator of a crappy movie, but Taken and A-Team scored a 57% and 47%, respectively, and I enjoyed both of them very much.
I've previously mentioned my distaste for movie theaters, and even though Unknown looks like a lot of fun I don't think it's one that will draw me out amongst the crowds. It seems I am a 31-year-old curmudgeon.
Labels:
movies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment